47 Companies Place 423 Bids for GOM Lease Sale 207
The bids are in for Western Gulf of Mexico Federal Oil and Gas Lease Sale 207 to be held tomorrow. The U.S. Department of the Interior's Minerals Management Service (MMS) Gulf of Mexico Region announced that 423 bids were received from 47 companies on 319 tracts offered offshore Texas.
"This sale is an important next step in the journey to ensuring the nation’s energy security," said MMS Director Randall Luthi. "The participation of the offshore oil and gas industry in this sale shows their commitment to the leasing, exploration, and production of the nation’s energy resources in the Gulf of Mexico."
Reading of the sealed bids will take place tomorrow, August 20th, beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Grand Ballroom of the Royal Sonesta Hotel, 300 Bourbon Street, New Orleans.
- Obama Names New Head of MMS (Jun 15)
- Abbey Implements New Drilling Requirements (Jun 07)
- MMS Chief Resigns (May 27)
Company: US Department of the Interior more info
- BOEM Plans Biggest GOM Lease Sale Ever (Oct 24)
- BSEE: About 20% US Gulf Oil Output Offline Due To Hurricane Nate (Oct 12)
- Trump Admin Plans To Delay Methane Controls From Oil, Gas (Oct 04)