PGS Wins $165MM Seismic Work Onshore Mexico
PGS Mexicana, S.A. de C.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of Petroleum Geo-Services ASA, has been awarded a contract by Pemex for an onshore seismic survey in the states of Veracruz and Puebla, Mexico. The survey will be carried out from 2008 to 2012. The area to be surveyed is more than two thousand square kilometers, or more than 20 times the size of Manhattan. The total contract value amounts to approximately US $165 million.
The contract, starting in September 2008, includes both data acquisition and processing and covers an area of 2,080 square kilometers. PGS has been successfully providing onshore seismic services in Mexico since the year 2000.
"Pemex shows great confidence in PGS by trusting us with this survey in a strategically important area. This contract is a confirmation of our strong commitment to Mexico," commented Jon Erik Reinhardsen, CEO of PGS.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico Says Deepwater Oil Tender Doomed By Brazil Competition (Dec 08)
- Sources: Mexico's Pemex Declares Force Majeure On Isthmus Crude Oil (Nov 29)
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
Company: Petroleum Geo Services ASA more info
- Borders & Southern Pens Seismic Deal with PGS (Oct 02)
- Chariot Raises Funds as it Prepares for Tapir South Drill (Mar 20)
- Petroleum Geo-Services Briefs Prelimeinary Results for 4Q, FY10 (Feb 17)