Keppel FELS Delivers Maersk Jackup Ahead of Schedule
Keppel FELS Limited has delivered a jackup drilling rig to Maersk Contractors three days ahead of schedule.
This rig was named Maersk Resolute by Anette Bjerge, wife of Soren Gath Hansen, Executive Vice President of Dong Energy at a ceremony in Keppel FELS today.
Maersk Resolute is the second in a series of four high efficiency jackups being built by Keppel FELS for Maersk Contractors. The rig has been contracted to Dong Energy for operations in the Danish part of the North Sea for three years.
Claus V. Hemmingsen, CEO of Maersk Contractors, said, "The early delivery of Maersk Resolute is yet another significant milestone in the longstanding cooperation between Keppel FELS and Maersk Contractors.
"Keppel's track record of delivering projects on time and within budget was a factor for choosing the yard for our massive investment program."
Choo Chiau Beng, Chairman & CEO of Keppel O&M, said, "We are grateful to Maersk Contractors for the unwavering confidence in Keppel, and for entrusting us over the years with the construction of its premium offshore fleet.
"The successful delivery of this rig is the result of our enduring partnership. With experience, our subsequent projects can only get better."
The series of high efficiency rigs have a maximum operating depth of 350 feet and are suitable for drilling deep, high temperature/ high pressure wells of 30,000 feet. They are also highly automated for safe operations.
Deliveries of these rigs are scheduled at half-yearly intervals. The first rig, Maersk Resilient, was delivered in February this year and has commenced operations for Dubai Petroleum at the Fateh U platform in Dubai waters.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)