3D Seismic Survey Kicks Off at WA-351-P Permit
Tap Oil Limited has provided the following information for the Aragon Multiclient 3D Seismic Survey in WA-351-P.
The Aragon 3D survey is located in permit WA-351-P within the Exmouth Plateau, approximately 120 kilometers north-northwest of North West Cape and 170 kilometers west of Barrow Island. The survey area of approximately 3,500 km2 will provide 3D coverage of most of WA-351-P. Water depth ranges from approximately 1,000 m to 1,200 m.
The seismic survey commenced on August 13, 2008 and is being acquired by WesternGeco, a seismic acquisition and processing contractor. A combination of two vessels, the Western Trident and the Geco Searcher will be used for the survey, which is expected to finish early November 2008.
This survey will provide 3D seismic coverage over most of this highly prospective permit, which is located on trend with the giant Io/Jansz gas field and more recent discoveries (Glencoe-1 and Briseis-1) made in the adjacent permit, WA-390-P, immediately to the north. Current mapping on 2D seismic data has identified numerous leads with direct indications of hydrocarbons on the seismic data, giving the permit LNG-scale resource potential. The final 3D data should be available by mid 2009. These data are expected to mature a number of attractive prospects suitable for drilling in 2009-10.
WA-351-P Joint Venture Participants:
- Tap (Shelfal) Pty Ltd 25.0%
- BHP Billiton Petroleum (North West Shelf) Pty Ltd (Operator) 55.0%
- Roc Oil (WA) Pty Ltd 20.0%
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Roc Oil more info
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: WesternGeco more info
- OGA Awards Contracts for UK Government Funded Seismic Campaign (Jul 13)
- WesternGeco Unveils Enhanced Imaging Technique (Apr 23)
- TGS Begins Gulf of Mexico Survey with WesternGeco (Dec 12)