Sibir, Shell JV All Smiles Over Salym Oil Field's 130,000 BOPD Milestone
Sibir's 50:50 joint venture with Shell in the Salym group of fields in western Siberia, Salym Petroleum Development NV (SPD), has announced that total crude oil production rate at the fields has passed 130,000 barrels per day (bopd).
The new SPD production record brings Sibir's 50% share of production at Salym to over 65,000 bopd. Combined with production from Sibir subsidiary, Magma, Sibir's total daily production now exceeds 72,000 bopd.
Commenting on the announcement, Sibir CEO, Henry Cameron said, "Reaching the 130,000 bopd milestone is a testament to the outstanding work that SPD team is doing in developing the Salym oil field."
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Sibir Energy more info
- Salym JV Sets New Oil Production Record in Western Siberia (Apr 15)
- Sibir Launches High Court Proceedings against 2 Former Directors (Apr 07)
- Sibir Achieves Production Record of 7.1MM Barrels in Q4 2008 (Apr 07)