MCS Reels in Subsea Contract for Services at Norway's Volund Field
MCS has seen an increase in pipelines and flow assurance business since launching its comprehensive pipeline service 18 months ago.
The global subsea engineering company has recently secured new business in this specialist area amounting to over £500,000. This is over and above pipe-in-pipe design work recently awarded by Petrobras as part of a larger frame agreement with them.
Among the new business is a significant subsea contract from Acergy for the Volund Field, offshore Norway, which is operated by Marathon Petroleum Company Norway.
Under the contract, handled by the company’s specialist pipelines team in Aberdeen, MCS will perform detailed upheaval buckling analysis of a water injection flowline located in the Volund Field.
The project involves analysing a 12 km water injection flexible flowline routed from a Choke and Metering Skid, adjacent to the Alvheim East Riser Base to the water injection wellhead at the Volund Field in water depths of 120 metres.
The analysis will be completed using Flexcom, MCS' own software tool used by major oil companies, contractor, equipment manufacturers and engineering consultants to design and analyse riser systems and other critical subsea structures.
Flexcom will determine trench, backfill and rock requirements to prevent upheaval buckling of the flowline.
Pipeline team leader at MCS, Angus Reid, said, "Since adding our premium pipeline capability to our expanding array of subsea capabilities, we have further developed our expertise and experience in all aspects of pipeline design with particular focus on subsea tieback developments.
"We now offer a multi-discipline team across our network of offices with unrivalled knowledge and practical experience in all areas of pipeline engineering.
"The Volund project is an excellent example of an innovative use of Flexcom in our ever-increasing portfolio of pipeline engineering projects."
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: MCS more info
- MCS Secures Subsea Gig for BP's Deepwater Angola Devt (Jun 24)
- Flexible Network Forum to Visit Balmoral Offshore Engineering (Jun 15)
- MCS to Lead Wood Group's Advanced Subsea Technology Drive (Jun 09)
Company: Acergy S.A. more info
- Acergy Awards Serimax Welding Contract Offshore Nigeria (Mar 07)
- Acergy Awarded Contract Offshore Brazil (Dec 01)
- Acergy Awarded Contract for Medway Development Project (Nov 04)