UMW, Standard JV Inks 3-Year Deal with PCPP for NAGA 2's Services
UMW Standard Drilling Sdn Bhd, a joint-venture between UMW Corporation Sdn Bhd of Malaysia and Standard Drilling ASA, has signed a three year contract worth USD$170-180 million with PCPP Operating Co Sdn Bhd (PCPP) for the services related to the new high-spec-high-efficiency, jackup drilling rig NAGA 2.
PCPP is joint venture between Petronas Carigali of Malaysia, Petrovietnam (Vietnam) and Pertamina (Indonesia).
"We are delighted to be working with PCPP and tapping on their unique set of industry expertise backed by three of the regional heavyweights in Oil & Gas," said Zulkifly bin Zakaria, Executive Director, Head of Oil & Gas Division, UMW Corporate Sdn Bhd.
"Standard Drilling ASA is very pleased to be able to enter into a long term contract for the first rig to be delivered later this year. This shows that our partnership with UMW is a key success factor to work with National oil companies in South East Asia. This contract give a solid cash-flow for the company," said Jan Kildal, CEO of Standard Drilling ASA.
- Pertamina Signs JV Deal With Russia's Rosneft For New Tuban Refinery (Nov 28)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Spend $700MM On Mahakam Oil, Gas Block Next Year (Nov 02)
- Pertamina: Indonesia To Become LNG Importer In 2020 As Population Grows (Oct 25)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: Standard Drilling ASA more info
- PCPP Nixes Drilling Contract for Naga 2 Jackup Offshore Sarawak (Jul 07)
- Standard Drilling Elects Rune Steen as New CEO in Singapore (May 27)
- UMW, Standard JV Inks 3-Year Deal with PCPP for NAGA 2's Services (Aug 12)