Technip-Coflexip Wins Dalia Contract Offshore Angola
TotalFinaElf has awarded Technip-Coflexip two major contracts for the development of the Dalia oil field, offshore Angola:
- The first contract, valued at about US $640 million, involves the FPSO (floating, production, storage, offloading facility), for which Technip-Coflexip is acting as the leader of a group of engineering and construction companies. For Technip-Coflexip's share of interest, the value of this contract is approximately US $200 million.
- The second contract, valued at about US $580 million, involves the subsea umbilicals, risers and flowlines ("SURF") package. Technip-Coflexip's share of interest in this contract is 100%.
Taken together, those two awards bring to the Technip-Coflexip Offshore Branch an additional backlog of approximately US $800 million. The total backlog of the Offshore Branch stood at Euro 1,761 million at the end of 2002.
The SURF contract includes the engineering, procurement and construction of about 90 km of steel production, water and gas injection flowlines, 70 km of steel tubes umbilicals, 25 km of flexible risers and an oil offloading system. It also comprises the pre-installation of the FPSO mooring system, the FPSO tow from construction yard and mooring hook-up, the installation of manifolds and all associated subsea tie-in operations. The project implies the use of innovative technologies such as the flexible Integrated Production Bundle (IPB) developed by Technip-Coflexip.
The project will be carried out by several operational centers of the Group: Technip-Coflexip's engineering center based in Paris and its flexible pipe plant of Le Trait (Normandy) in France as well as Angoflex Ltda umbilical plant and the new Group's spoolbase in Angola. Several construction vessels of the Technip-Coflexip's fleet will be involved, including the CSO Deep Blue.
For Technip-Coflexip, this contract represents by far the largest SURF project ever awarded to the company and a clear show of confidence by the Block 17 partners and Sonangol in the technological capabilities of Technip-Coflexip in the subsea arena. A joint venture made up of Technip-Coflexip as leader, Saipem and Stolt Offshore, in a consortium with Samsung H.I. and Daewoo SME, has been awarded, by TotalFinaElf E&P Angola, a lump sum turnkey contract worth about US $640 million, for the engineering, procurement and fabrication of the FPSO's topsides of the Dalia oil field development, offshore Angola.
This project involves the integration of the 22,000-ton topsides on the hull to be supplied by Samsung H.I under a separate contract, which has been endorsed by the Consortium.
The FPSO will be anchored in 1300 meters of water and will be capable of producing 240,000 barrels per day of crude. It will have 400,000 bpd of total liquids handling capacity and a storage capacity of 2,000,000 barrels. It will include two processing trains to separate out gas and water and to heat the crude. This floater will be 300 meters long and 63 meters wide and will include a 120 bed-accommodation unit.
The Dalia field, operated by TotalFinaElf Angola E&P, is located in block 17 off Angola in water depths from 1200 meters to 1500 meters. First oil from Dalia is scheduled for mid 2006.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Technip-Coflexip more info
- Technip Wins Snøhvit Pipelay Contract (Jul 30)
- Technip Wins Sapphire Subsea Contract Offshore Egypt (Jul 25)
- Lukoil & Technip Create a Joint Venture Company in Russia (Jul 22)