Awilco Nabs LOI for Use of WilForce Jackup in Libya
Awilco Offshore through Premium Drilling has received a Letter of Intent from an international operating company for a drilling program of two firm wells plus one optional well for the jackup drilling rig WilForce. The firm period of the contract is estimated to 180 days. The LOI and subsequent contract is subject to approval of Libya's National Oil Company.
The estimated contract value for the firm period of the contract is USD$36.5 million. Operation is scheduled to commence between mid-December 2008 and early March 2009 and in direct continuation of the rig's present commitment with Repsol Exploration Murzuq S.A, which is also in Libya.
WilForce is equipped for high pressure/ high temperature drilling in water depths up to 375 feet.
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)
Company: Premium Drilling more info
- Reliance Opts for More Time to Deploy Deep Driller 4 (Dec 02)
- Coastal to Put Songkhla A-03 On Stream in Late November (Nov 13)
- Coastal Tests Positive Production Flow at Songkhla A-01 (Nov 04)