BJ Services Bags Well Services Contract in Gabon
BJ Services Company’s Tubular Services line has been awarded a contract to provide a range of well services in Gabon, Africa, by CNR International (Olowi) Limited, a subsidiary of Canadian Natural Resources Limited.
The four-year contract includes casing and tubing running, cold cutting, and onshore tubular make-up and bucking services for 29 wells on CNR’s Olowi development. CNR plans to develop the field using three wellhead towers and one conductor-supported platform featuring up to 44 well slots, which will then be linked back to a floating production storage and off-loading (FPSO) vessel, the Knock Allan.
BJ Services recently commenced operations approximately 18km (11 miles) offshore Gabon and 400km (248 miles) south of Libreville. Services are being carried out from KCA Deutag’s Ben Avon jackup rig.
“Having successfully delivered casing and tubing running services for CNR throughout the North Sea and on the Baobab and Espoir field developments in Cote d’Ivoire, we welcome the opportunity to work for CNR on their exciting new Olowi Development,” said Kenny Watt, vice president of BJ Tubular Services. “The award of this contract represents a significant opportunity to further expand BJ Services’ operational portfolio in the West African market.”
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)
Company: CNR International more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Petrofac Secures $400M of Repeat UK Orders (Jun 19)
- Total Discovers Oil Offshore Ivory Coast (Apr 17)
- Total, Anadarko, CNR To Spend Up To $300M On Ivory Coast Blocks (Nov 06)