CNOOC, Sinopec to Bid for Marathon Oil Angola Assets for $1.5B
HONG KONG (Dow Jones Newswires), August 11, 2008
China National Offshore Oil Corp., or Cnooc, and China National Petrochemical Corp., or Sinopec, are joining forces to bid for an Angolan oil and gas asset owned by U.S.-based Marathon Oil Corp. (MRO) that is expected to fetch about US$1.5 billion, the South China Morning Post reported Monday, citing unnamed sources.
The report said India's Oil & Natural Gas Corp. and Brazil's Petroleo Brasileiro SA (PBR), or Petrobras. are among the rival bidders. Marathon Oil will select the winning bid over the next few days, the paper said.
Cnooc and Sinopec couldn't be reached for comment, the paper said.
Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Sinopec more info
- Lead a Chinese Oil Giant and Get a Fraction of Your Peers' Pay (Dec 27)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
- Sources: China's Sinopec Mulls US Oil Projects Ahead Of Trump's Visit (Oct 31)
Company: CNOOC more info
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Indian Oil and Gas Corp. more info
- CNOOC, Sinopec to Bid for Marathon Oil Angola Assets for $1.5B (Aug 11)
- Lagasco to Acquire 50,000 Acres in Alberta (Jul 10)