INPEX Discovers Gas in Australia's Browse Basin
INPEX Holdings Inc. has announced that its subsidiary INPEX Browse, Ltd., Operator of the WA-344-P Joint Venture, has made a new gas discovery in Australia's Browse Basin.
INPEX Browse (60% interest) and Total E&P Australia (40% interest) acquired the WA-344-P exploration acreage in November 2007 and completed the Mimia-1 well in July 2008. A 72 meter gas column was found and a production test completed recently confirmed the discovery of gas and condensate.
The Mimia-1 well was drilled by the semisub Songa Venus in a water depth of 254 meters and is located approximately 20 kilometers north-east of the INPEX Browse operated WA-285-P permit (INPEX 76%, Total 24%) which contains the giant Ichthys gas-condensate field.
INPEX Browse and Total are in preparation for development of the Ichthys gas-condensate field and will consider how the Mimia discovery could be developed taking into account potential synergy with the Ichthys development.
INPEX Browse is also operating in WA-341-P (60%), WA-343-P (60%) and participating in exploration in WA-274-P (20%), WA-281-P (20%), WA-410-P (20%) and WA-411-P (26.6%).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Japan's Inpex Sticks To End-March Start-Up Target For Ichthys LNG Project (Mar 09)
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)