FMC Bags Award to Supply FLEX with 4 LNG Offloading Systems
FMC Technologies, Inc. has received an award from Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd to supply its customer, Flex LNG, with four liquid natural gas (LNG) offloading systems. The order also includes an option for a fifth offloading system. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Each system includes three 16-inch offshore LNG offloading arms, equipped with FMC’s patent pending enhanced-connection targeting system as well as a control system. All equipment will be manufactured at FMC’s operation in Sens, France. Deliveries are scheduled for 2009 and 2010.
"We are proud to have been selected by Samsung and Flex LNG for this world-first offloading systems order for LNG floating production vessels," said Robert L. Potter, FMC Technologies' Senior Vice President of Energy Processing Systems. "This award follows our recent receipt of five purchase orders to apply the same technology to floating regasification vessels and exposed jetties or platforms. We believe that this is another vote of confidence from the emerging offshore LNG industry for our offshore loading system technology."
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: FLEX LNG Ltd more info
- FLEX LNG: Seismic Survey Spies 3Tcf of Gas Resources (Jun 16)
- Asian Firms Aim for First Offshore LNG Output (Apr 21)
- Shell Plans $5B Floating LNG Off W Australia (Oct 08)