StatoilHydro Awards $234MM in Seismic Contracts
StatoilHydro has recently awarded contracts for towed multi-streamer surveys for 2009, totalling NOK 1.2 billion (US $234.2 million).
The contracts, covering surveys on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, the Faroes and Ireland, has been awarded to PGS Geophysical, CGG Veritas and Wavefield Inseis.
The award to PGS Geophysical also includes use of new technology for three dimentional surveys. This technology makes the seismic operations less dependent on benign weather and improves the production of seismic data.
StatoilHydro will also pioneer the use of an alternative streamer steering technology. This will facilitate the shooting of seismic to be compared with former seismic surveys and thus provide more reliable results for four-dimentional studies.
Four vessels from PGS Geophysical, two from CGG Veritas and one vessel from Wavefield Inseis will be in operation for StatoilHydro during 2009, performing seismic exploration in two-, three- and four dimentions, with an emphasis on 3D exploration surveys.
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- PGS Raises Funds Through Private Placement (Nov 23)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Wavefield Inseis AS more info
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)