Sevan, Petrobras Finalize Contract for Newbuild Deepwater Rig
With reference to the announcement on June 2, 2008, Petrobras SA and a subsidiary of Sevan Drilling AS, have signed a firm drilling contract for a newbuild drilling unit intended for operations off the coast of Brazil, in water depths down to 2,400 meters.
This is the second deepwater drilling unit contracted to Petrobras, and the third deepwater drilling unit to be built, owned and operated by Sevan Drilling, as the company also signed a drilling contract with India's ONGC in June 2008.
The drilling contract will have a fixed term of six years with start-up by end-2011. Revenues which could be generated over the six-year period are approximately USD$975 million, including a bonus arrangement and
Sevan has awarded a letter of intent (LOI) to the Cosco Shipyard Group for a turnkey contract comprising the construction, equipment procurement and installation, and commissioning of the drilling unit. Cosco shall also provide yard financing.
Aker Kvaerner MH has been awarded a LOI for delivery of the drilling package. Also the delivery of other long lead equipment has been secured.
The newbuild drilling unit to Petrobras is based on Sevan's proprietary cylindrical Sevan 650 design, as is the case also for the two other Sevan drilling units. All three Sevan deepwater drilling units are built at the same shipyard and utilize the same drilling package, thus significantly reducing risks to schedule and cost.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 37 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Sevan Drilling more info
- Sevan Drilling, Cosco to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer to Mid-October (Apr 15)
- Sevan Drilling Exercises Option to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer (Nov 03)
- Cosco, Sevan Drilling Agree to Extend Delivery Date for Sevan Developer (Oct 17)
Company: COSCO Shipyard more info
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)