Geotrace Grabs Significant 3D Seismic Project Offshore Libya
Geotrace will be providing one of the world’s largest onboard seismic data processing projects to BP Exploration Libya Ltd as part of a seismic acquisition contract awarded to Wavefield Inseis by BP Exploration Libya Limited. Geotrace, through its long term agreement with Wavefield Inseis, will outfit the Geowave Endeavour with a large computer center for onboard processing. This will allow the seismic data to be managed quickly and cost effectively.
The project will cover 17,000 square kilometers of 3D seismic data processing in Libya's offshore Sirt basin. Geotrace will complete the processing using proprietary software installed on one of the largest Linux clusters afloat, aboard Wavefield’s new flagship, the Geowave Endeavour. Geotrace’s onboard processing will include surface related multiple elimination (SRME), pre-stack time migration (PSTM) and dense velocity analysis.
"This type of onboard data processing project is ideal for Geotrace," said Bill Schrom CEO of Geotrace. "It will enable us to utilize some of our advanced imaging techniques while processing in an onboard environment."
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Squeezed Out of Abu Dhabi Offshore Oil as China, Italy Win (Mar 22)
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
Company: Geotrace more info
- Geotrace Names New Chief Technology Officer (Apr 14)
- Geotrace Taps New Area Manager for Far East (Feb 04)
- Geotrace Completes Major Onboard Data Processing Gig for BP (Jan 07)
Company: Wavefield Inseis AS more info
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)