PGNiG, FX Energy Discover Gas at Poland's Kromolice-1
Polskie Gornictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo SA, in cooperation with FX Energy Poland has found a natural gas deposit in the Kromolice-1 boring situated near the city of Sroda Wielkopolska. The drilling resulted in an outflow of natural gas from a red sandstone layer.
As of now, a 17-meter sandstone layer characterized by good storage properties has been prospected. The Kromolice -1 boring is to be deepened. The drilling works on the boring have been under way for only about a month and a half.
Geophysical measurements and prospecting will be performed in order to determine the full thickness of the deposit and other characteristics. Only following completion of measurements, which will take place at the end of this year, can an estimate be made of the potential size of the deposit and mining possibilities.
PGNiG SA has a 51% interest in the undertaking, while FX Energy Poland has a 49% interest.
- Poland's PGNiG Signs First Mid-Term Deal For LNG Supplies From US (Nov 21)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Poland's PGNiG To Receive LNG Spot Delivery From Statoil In September (Sep 05)
Company: FX Energy, Inc. more info
- FX Energy is Reading Szymanowice-1 Well for Production (Dec 31)
- FX Energy Tests Poland Tuchola-3K Well (Apr 29)
- FX Energy 'Disappointed' over Polish Mieczewo Well (Apr 08)