NOC Discovers Oil, Gas at Wildcat Well D1-NC129
Libyan National Oil Company (NOC) reported a new oil discovery by the Arabian Gulf Oil Company (AGOCO), a NOC wholly owned company. Discovery well D1-NC129 (New Field Wildcat Well) is located in the Sloug Depression Basin, about 100 kilometers south of Benghazi City and 25 kilometers northeast of the Zueitina Oil Terminal in Libya.
The well was drilled to a total depth of 8,500 feet. Initial production tests show that the discovery was of the Paleocene Dolomite formation at a depth of 7,504 feet, through a choke of .5 inches. Tests confirm an oil flow rate of 2,780 barrels per day and .326 MMscf/d with an API gravity of 46.1.
This discovery follows the AGOCO major oil discovery in March 2007 in Block NC4 at the Ghadames Basin about 250 kilometers south of Tripoli.
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
- Source: Libya's Sharara Oil Field Reopens After Pipeline Blockade (Sep 05)
Company: Arabian Gulf Oil more info
- Libya AGOCO: ups Output to 290,000 bpd, Natl. Production Over 450,000 bpd (Sep 29)
- Libya's AGOCO Producing 317,000 Bpd, Brega Oil Port Still Closed (Apr 06)
- Arabian Gulf Pounces on Oil at B1-NC4 Wildcat in Libya (Aug 31)