AWE JV Confirms Netherby-1 as Gas Discovery, Plans for Tie-In
Logging and evaluation of the Netherby-1 exploration well located in VIC/P44, approximately 4 kilometers north of the Henry-1 gas discovery, has been completed. Good quality gas-bearing Waarre A Sandstones were intersected and the extent of the new field is interpreted to be in line with pre drill expectations.
The well is currently being sidetracked and will be completed as a producer and tied by pipeline to Henry and Casino gas fields, as part of the Henry development currently underway.
The Henry-2 pilot and development wells will follow immediately after the Netherby development well.
Participants in VIC/P 44 are operator Santos Limited with 50%, AWE with 25% and Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd with 25%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)