MCS Wins Riser Contract from Petrobras
MCS has been awarded the Roncador P52 Subsea FEED contract to support Genesis Oil and Gas in the delivery of the subsea facilities design. The MCS scope includes the detailed design of 45 steel catenary risers (SCRs) in 5,900ft (1,800m) water depth, representing the largest single riser design project ever awarded.
MCS was the only company nominated by Petrobras for both riser design engineering services and software (Flexcom-3D). MCS will undertake the design from its Houston office over the coming months.
Kieran Kavanagh, President of MCS Inc., said "This significant award maintains MCS's position as market leaders in providing independent riser design services and offers further opportunities for growth in our Houston based business. This award comes shortly after other riser design awards from El Paso and Kerr-McGee."
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: MCS more info
- MCS Secures Subsea Gig for BP's Deepwater Angola Devt (Jun 24)
- Flexible Network Forum to Visit Balmoral Offshore Engineering (Jun 15)
- MCS to Lead Wood Group's Advanced Subsea Technology Drive (Jun 09)