Scorpion Snares 6-Year, $1.1B Contract with Petrobras
Scorpion Offshore Ltd. signed its 6-year contract with Petrobras for a newbuild deepwater semisubmersible for operations offshore Brazil. The revenue from this contract will be approximately US $1.1 billion, plus operating cost inflation adjustments throughout the contract term.
To fulfill its obligations under this contract with Petrobras, Scorpion has ordered a DSS-38 from Keppel Fels with delivery in December 2011. This new rig will be a dynamically-positioned, four column semisubmersible capable of drilling wells to 8,500 meters in water depths up to 2,400 meters. The total estimated cost of this rig, including owner furnished equipment, commissioning, project management and financing costs is $700 million.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Scorpion Offshore more info
- Seadrill's Mandatory Offer to Purchase All Scorpion Shares (Jul 15)
- Seadrill Increases Ownership in Scorpion Offshore (May 31)
- UPDATE: Ensco Ends Partial Offer for Scorpion Offshore (May 28)