COSCO Inks LOI to Build 2 Sevan 650 Drilling Units
COSCO Shipyard Group has singed a letter of intent with two wholly-owned subsidiaries of Sevan Marine ASA to exercise the options secured earlier to build two Sevan 650 drilling units.
Sevan has made prepayment of USD$7 million to secure the steel materials procurement for the two units under the LOI. A formal agreement is expected to be signed at a later time.
The further two units will be fabricated to COSCO Nantong Shipyard, which is currently building its first Sevan 650 drilling units contracted in March 2007.
Sevan marine has developed a cylinder shaped-Sevan 650 Drilling Units, designed for operations in ultra deep water all ice-free areas including Barents Sea. The Drilling units will be equipped with 10,000 ft of riser storage, internal oil storage capacity up to 150,000 barrels of oil and variable deck load of more than 15,000mt. The rigs are intended for deployment for ONGC and Petrobras S.A.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 41 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Sevan Marine more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)
Company: COSCO Shipyard more info
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)