BW Offshore Inks LOI for FPSO Installation Offshore Brazil
BW Offshore has been awarded a Letter of Intent with Maersk Contractors for the installation of the submerged turret production (STP) and mooring system for the Peregrino FPSO offshore Brazil.
The complete STP Buoy, including swivel stack, and mooring system are also being delivered by BW Offshore, through BW Offshore’s subsidiary APL (Advanced Production and Loading).
"We are very pleased with the confidence that Maersk has put in us on this important project, as we will now both deliver and install the buoy system for the Peregrino FPSO. The project confirms our strategy of being able to deliver turnkey solutions to oil companies and contractors. It will also further increase our activities in Brazil," said Svein Moxnes Harfjeld, CEO of BW Offshore.
The installation will be completed without divers, as in-house developed subsea diverless mooring connectors will be used.
The Peregrino installation contract is the fifth in-house campaign for BW Offshore Installation Services since the launch of the business last summer. The company also has a long track record and solid installation experience through several BW Offshore and APL installation campaigns.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
Company: BW Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)