China's Commission Gives Go Ahead for COSL's Acquisition of Awilco
Reference is made to the offer document dated July 17, 2008 regarding the voluntary offer to acquire all outstanding shares in Awilco Offshore ASA made by COSL Norwegian AS, with acceptance period from July 18, 2008 to and including 16:30 CET on August 15, 2008 (subject to extension).
The National Development and Reform Commission of the People's Republic of China has published an approval dated July 21, 2008 granting approval to the proposed acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Awilco Offshore, being one of the approvals from authorities in the People's Republic of China set out in section 4.3(3) (Conditions for completion of the Offer) of the Offer Document.
The combination of COSL and AWO would create the world's 8th largest rig fleet, consisting of 34 operated rigs, including rigs under construction, with operation and growth opportunities in most major international markets.
AWO's modern high-specification rigs and cutting-edge technology for offshore drilling is a good strategic fit for COSL pursuant to its globalization and growth strategies.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)