Caspian to Use DIB's River Freighters for Shallow Water Exploration
Demaree Inflatable Boats, Inc.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Demaree Inflatable Boats Inc. (DIB) has delivered two 41' River Freighters to Caspian Services, Inc, a company that provides a broad range of services to the oil and gas industries in the Republic of Kazakhstan. The boats will be used for oil and gas exploration in shallow water areas of the Caspian Sea.
The River Freighter is 41' (12.5 meters) long and 14' (4.2 meters) wide, with each pontoon made of highly durable, vulcanized neoprene, with heavy reinforcing strips to help with fendering. The 35' 6" long, diamond plate 5086 aluminum deck consists of five sections that bolt together to provide a secure working platform. The frames are also designed to come apart and nest one inside another for easy transportation and storage. Each boat is powered by twin Yanmar Bravo II diesel engines, which are rated at 315 hp each. The boat has a dry weight with engines of 10,000 lbs, and a design working load of 17,000 lbs.
In addition to the boats in Kazakhstan, DIB has its 32’ and 41’ River Freighters being used by various geophysical companies and government organizations off the waters of Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, British Columbia, Egypt, Indonesia, Malta, Mexico, Uganda, and the U.S.A.
Dave Demaree, President of Demaree Inflatable Boats, said, "We are pleased that Caspian Services, a leading provider of services to the oil and gas industry throughout Kazakhstan, has selected these 41' River Freighters for work in the Caspian Sea. With its twin pontoons and its diamond plate aluminum deck, these boats provide a rugged, stable platform for a wide variety of tasks including deploying and retrieving geophysical cable. In addition, these boats are capable of ferrying equipment from ship directly to shore and back again."
The 41' River Freighter comes with the following features:
- 41’ long, 48" diameter inflatable pontoons manufactured from rugged vulcanized, neoprene, coated with a weather resistant Hypalon finish.
- Durable vulcanized gum rubber fendering strakes.
- 14 separate air chambers per boat.
- 35’ 6”’ long, 3/16" thick, diamond plated, 5086 aluminum deck that disassembles into five sections that nest one inside another for easy storage.
- Twin Yanmar Bravo II diesel engines rated at 315 hp each.
- Two 135-gallon fuel tanks.
- Wheel house: 9’ x 5’ with control panel and helm mount .
- Easy set-up and breakdown down for compact storage or transport.