Roc, AEL Merger Up for Vote in September
On June 16, 2008, Anzon Energy Limited (AEL) and Roc Oil Company Limited announced their intention to merge by way of scheme of arrangement.
The Federal Court of Australia has ordered the convening of a meeting of shareholders of AEL to enable a vote to be taken on the proposed Merger. The Scheme Meeting will be held at 10am (AEST) on September 3, 2008 at Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Level 32, Governor Phillip Tower, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney, Australia.
Deloitte Corporate Finance Pty Limited, who were commissioned by AEL to prepare an independent expert's report on the Merger, have concluded that the Merger is fair and reasonable and therefore in the best interests of AEL shareholders.
The Boards' of each of AEL and ROC have unanimously agreed to pursue the Merger. The AEL Board has unanimously recommended that AEL shareholders vote in favor of the resolution to approve the Merger at the Scheme Meeting, in the absence of a superior proposal.
Full details of the Merger, including how to vote on the resolution and a full copy of the independent expert's concise report, are included in the Scheme Booklet and Notice of Meeting which will be posted to all AEL shareholders next week. The Scheme Booklet and Notice of Meeting will be announced to AIM and will be available on both the ROC and AEL websites later this week.
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Anzon Energy Limited more info
- Anzon's Basker, Manta Fields Reach 7,550 BOPD Production in Q2 (Jul 31)
- Roc, AEL Merger Up for Vote in September (Jul 30)
- Roc Oil Reports Record Oil Prices, Production Over 10,000 BOEPD (Jul 30)