New FPSO Conversion Named at COSCO Dalian Shipyard
The first FPSO converted from Panamax tanker "Ocean Pride" was renamed as "SONG DOC PRIED MV19" in the COSCO Dalian Shipyard on July 24, 2008. After delivery, the FPSO will join the fleet of TSJOC and will operate in a relevant field.
Kenji Yamada, President of MODEC, Shaharudin B A Aziz, Vice General Manager of TSJOC, Managers from COSCO Shipyard Group, as well as other representatives, attended the naming ceremony.
Since March 2007, COSCO Dalian Shipyard has signed 4 tanker-based FPSO conversion projects. The "SONG DOC PRIDE MV19" will be the first delivery vessel of this series. During conversion, flame tower, helideck, topside modules and etc. new parts and equipments were installed on board. Part of the hull structure was changed and renewed to well convert the tanker into the FPSO. Till now, COSCO Dalian Shipyard has achieved over 1.5 million man-hour safety in this project.
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: COSCO Shipyard more info
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)