LeTourneau Cinches $74.4MM Construction Contract for 4 Land Rigs
Rowan Companies, Inc. announced today that its wholly owned manufacturing subsidiary, LeTourneau Technologies, Inc. (LTI), has entered into a contract with Weatherford Drilling International (BVI) Ltd. to construct four new 2000 horsepower land drilling rigs, at a total value of $74.4 million.
Construction is expected to start immediately with delivery of the first land rig in the third quarter of 2008, and should be completed by July of 2009. LTI will assemble the land rigs from its Jebel Ali, Dubai yard, located in the United Arab Emirates.
In making this announcement, Danny McNease, Rowan's Chairman, President and CEO, stated, "We are pleased that Weatherford has involved LTI in the growth of their integrated land drilling business. These land rigs will feature LTI's new AC drive technology and key drilling equipment that is well respected in the industry for providing high performance, reliability and low maintenance operations. This latest contract helps confirm LTI's growing global position and commitment to delivering quality equipment on time."
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: LeTourneau Inc. more info
- MTNW Completes Winch Retrofit on 2 Rowan Jackups (Mar 13)
- Cameron Completes Acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies (Oct 25)
- Lamprell's Revenue Up 29.3% in First Half of 2008 (Sep 29)