Harriet JV Hits Paydirt with Simpson-10 Discovery
Tap Oil Limited has provided the following information for the Simpson 10 development well.
The Simpson-10 objective is located in permit TL/6, part of the Harriet Joint Venture, at a surface location of latitude 20 degrees 40'24.14"S and longitude 115 degrees 35'05.61 "E within the Barrow sub-basin. The Simpson-10 prospect is approximately 2.5 km south of Varanus Island and is being drilled from the Simpson Bravo Platform using the Ensco 106 jackup rig.
Simpson-10 has successfully intersected the reservoir objective. Logging over the Flag sandstone indicates an approximate 15 meter gross intersection of oil bearing reservoir. Current operations involve installing the 178mm liner and completion of the well. The Ensco 106 rig will then be moved back to Simpson 9 to run the completion after which both wells will be tied in for production.
Tap is pleased with operations on Simpson-10 progressing ahead of schedule and the discovery of an oil bearing interval at the Flag sandstone objective although it is at the lower end of our pre-drill expectations. Production from Simpson-10 is expected to commence in December in line with the repairs to the Harriet Joint Venture processing facilities on Varanus Island.
Harriet Joint Venture Participants:
- Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd 12.2229%
- Apache Northwest Pty Ltd 68.5%
- Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd 19.2771%
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)