Europa Scores East Midlands Concession, Inks LOI
The Directors of Europa Oil & Gas (Holdings) plc announced that the DBERR has confirmed a further award (PEDL222) has been made to Valhalla and Europa in the UK 13th Round of Licensing. This award is of an exploration area in the East Midlands to the north of the Whisby Field and includes the Torksey oil discovery and associated leads.
In a second development, Europa has entered into a Letter of Intent with an undisclosed Swedish oil and gas company covering the proposed sale of Europa's remaining assets in Ukraine. The Letter of Intent is designed to provide a sufficient period of time to finalise title and other arrangements prior to the sale. Europa wrote its Ukraine investments off its balance sheet in 2006.
Paul Barrett, Managing Director of Europa, said, "We are pleased to be able to report further strengthening of our East Midlands core asset base. Europa's portfolio in the East Midlands now comprises three producing oilfields and 4 exploration licenses, covering a gross area of approximately 900 square kilometers and containing numerous leads and prospects. It is also satisfying that the sale process for Ukraine is progressing."
- Europa Oil & Gas Completes Shale Petroleum UK Acquisition (Aug 15)
- Europa Relinquishes Part of PEDL 181 (Jul 04)
- Europa Granted 2 Year Extension to PEDL 143 (Jun 27)
Company: Valhalla Oil & Gas more info
- Egdon Concludes Acquisition of Valhalla Interest (Mar 14)
- Egdon Acquires Valhalla Interest in UK (Jan 28)
- Europa Gears Up to Drill Hykeham Main Section Onshore UK (Oct 26)