Bergen Bags LOI for Service on West Epsilon Jackup
Bergen Group Rosenberg was awarded a Letter of Intent (LOI) by Seadrill for preparation and installation of the pony structure and the spud cans on the West Epsilon jackup rig as the unit shall be prepared for operations on the Sleipner field.
The contract comprises detail engineering, procurement and construction and will have a value of several tens of millions NOK. The work commences in August 2008 and shall be completed by the first quarter of 2009.
The need for this work is a consequence of the requirement for adaptation to allow the drilling equipment on West Epsilon to be moved to the Sleipner B platform. The work is divided into two phases. First, the 450 ton pony structure and other equipment are transported from Mekjarvik to Bergen Group Rosenberg, for stripping
and examination for reuse. Thereafter the structure will be upgraded with the aim of reuse on West Epsilon from the spring 2009. Bergen Group Rosenberg will be responsible for all parts of the project, including detail engineering, procurement and fabrication.
"This contract is another confirmation of our strong position as supplier of large complex projects to the Norwegian Continental Shelf," said Executive Vice President, Rune Lie, in Bergen Group Rosenberg.
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: Bergen Oilfield Services ASA (BOS) more info
- Bergen Group Dreggen Wins Brazilian EPC contract (May 29)
- Subsea 7 Awards EPC Contract to Bergen Group (May 25)
- Offshore Division Delivers 'Satisfactory' Result for Bergen Group (Feb 15)