Production Commences at Woollybutt Field
Tap Oil reports that production has commenced from the Woollybutt Oil Field. The FPSO "Four Vanguard" was successfully moored on location at the Woollybutt field on April 26, 2003. The first well, Woollybutt-2AST3, was opened up late on Tuesday and oil has successfully been processed on-board the Four Vanguard. The other production well in this field, Woollybutt-1ST1, will be opened in the next few days.
Initial rates are currently constrained while the process equipment and well performance are under evaluation. It is planned that total field production will be steadily increased to approximately 35,000 barrels of oil per day over the next week.
WA-234-P Joint Venture Participants are Agip as operator with 65%; Mobil Australia Resources with 20% and Tap Oil with 15%.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Agip more info
- Niger Delta Avengers Attack Escravos Terminal (May 26)
- CAMAC Ups West African Interests (Dec 30)
- Saipem Wins Jack/St. Malo, Kashagan Contracts (Dec 16)