Chevron Taps INTEC for Pre-FEED Work on GOM's Big Foot
INTEC Engineering has announced the award of the pre-FEED study for Chevron’s Big Foot prospect in the Gulf of Mexico. The work commenced in late May and will be completed in the fourth quarter of 2008.
The Big Foot discovery is located in Walker Ridge Block 29 in approximately 5,000 feet water depth. Chevron USA Inc. is the operator of the lease, while StatoilHydro and Shell are coowners. During this study, several development options will be considered for this field.
INTEC Engineering will perform the pre-FEED conceptual engineering work to identify and define potential development alternatives for Big Foot. The INTEC scope incorporates all subsea systems including wellheads, trees, jumpers, PLETs/PLEMs/ITAs, flowlines, umbilicals and subsea control systems. A key aspect of the study is research and evaluation of subsea boosting options.
Award of the Big Foot project represents INTEC's continued participation in Chevron engineering projects. "It has been our privilege to be involved in Chevron Blind Faith, Agbami and Frade projects, all of these being milestone projects not only for Chevron but also for the Oil and Gas Industry. We are particularly pleased to continue to support Chevron with one of their deepwater projects in the GOM," said Ed Smith, INTEC CEO.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Intec Engineering more info
- INTEC, WorleyParsons Merge into New Subsea Services Company (Aug 07)
- Chevron Taps INTEC for Pre-FEED Work on GOM's Big Foot (Jul 23)
- WorleyParsons To Acquire INTEC Engineering From Heerema Group (Apr 01)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)