PSA Norway Approves StatoilHydro's Drilling at Visund Field
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling using the semisub Borgland Dolphin on the Visund field.
The consent applies to drilling of well 34/8-14A and S. The well belongs to Production License 120.
Borgland Dolphin, which is operated by Dolphin AS, is an Aker H3 facility built in 1976.
According to the application for consent, drilling is planned around August 15, 2008. The activity has an estimated duration of 119 days.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)