Norkse Shell Recieves Consent to Use Semisub Leiv Eiriksson
A/S Norske Shell has received consent to use the semisub Leiv Eiriksson for production drilling in the Norwegian Sea.
The consent includes drilling and completing both of the three wells on Ormen Lange.
Ormen Lange is a gas field located in the More basin in the southern part of the Norwegian Sea. Due to the substantial water depth, approximately 800 - 1100 meters, the development is a demanding one and has led to the development of new technology.
The field is being developed with 24 wells from three subsea templates.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)