ConocoPhillips Gets Go Ahead to Use Norpipe Oil Pipeline Until 2028
Petroleum Safety Authority Norway has granted consent for ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (ConocoPhillips) to use the Norpipe oil pipeline until 2028.
The starting point for the pipeline is the Ekofisk 2/4-J facility. The pipeline has a diameter of 34" and is 354 kilometers long. It crosses the UK continental shelf and reaches land at Teesside in the UK. There is a connection point for the British fields about 50 kilometers west of Ekofisk.
The pipeline was constructed with an expected design life of minimum 20 years and commenced operations in 1975.
This consent applies to continued use of the Norpipe Oil Pipeline until the expiry of production license 018 in 2028.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)