Ecopetrol Partners with Shell, Talisman in New Colombian Ventures
Ecopetrol, in seperate partnerships with Shell and Talisman, was the highest bidder for three of the eight blocks offerred in the heavy crude oil round hosted by the National Hydrocarbons Agency (ANH).
The three blocks up for bids and won by Escopetrol and its partners extend to more than 4.1 million hectares in the eastern plains of Colombia.
Ecopetrol and Shell submitted the highest bid for blocks CPE 2 and CPE 4. Block CPE 2 is comprised of an area that is approximately 760 thousand hectares, with Shell as its soon-to-be Operator, and the second block, CPE 4, covers 964 thousand hectares, with Ecopetrol as its soon-to-be Operator. Both Companies have equal participation (50%) in the two blocks.
Another partnership formed by Ecopetrol and Talisman held the highest bid for the block EPC 8, which is an area of 2.39 million hectares. The two Companies also have equal participation (50%) and Talisman will serve as the block's Operator.
The award of these blocks is subject to validation of ANH.
Ecopetrol is the largest company in the country and the principal petroleum company in
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: ANH more info
- Colombian ANH's 'Open Round' Roadshow Visits Houston (Feb 04)
- Ecopetrol Hits Hydrocarbons at Tempranillo North-1 (Jan 29)
- Colombia's ANH 'Open Round' Arrives in Calgary (Jan 27)