PPL Shipyard Wins Jackup Rig Order for $220MM
PPL Shipyard, a subsidiary of Sembcorp Marine has secured a contract from repeat customer, Egyptian Drilling Company (EDC), to build a jackup rig at a contract value of US $220 million.
Scheduled for delivery in mid-2010, this latest jackup rig order is the second consecutive newbuild jackup rig that EDC has placed with PPL Shipyard. It will be built based on the same PPL Shipyard’s proprietary Baker Marine Pacific Class 375 (BMC Pacific 375) Deep Drilling design and proprietary components. The rig will be equipped to drill high pressure and high temperature wells at 30,000 feet while operating in 375 feet of water. It will have accommodation with full catering and amenities for 120 persons.
The 1st rig, currently under construction in PPL Shipyard is scheduled to be delivered to owner in December 2009.
The BMC Pacific 375 Deep Drilling Jackup design is a proven design, successfully accepted by the Industry and fetching some of the highest charter rates. Since its launch in 2004, a total of 24 jackup rigs have been
ordered based on this design. To-date, 11 units have been successfully delivered to the owners with 13 other units in various planning, engineering and construction phases with deliveries from 2008 to 2010.
This contract is not expected to have any material impact on the net tangible assets and earnings per share of Sembcorp Marine for the year ending December 31, 2008.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: PPL Shipyard more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)
Company: Egyptian Drilling more info
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Analysis: Jackups are Backbone of Red Sea Drilling (Dec 11)
- PPL Shipyard Wins Jackup Rig Order for $220MM (Jul 21)
- SembCorp Marine to Build a BMC 375 Jackup for Egyptian Drilling (Sep 05)