GOM's Independence Hub Due for Planned Maintenance
The Independence Hub, the deepest platform in the Gulf of Mexico and the largest offshore natural gas processing facility, will be shut in for brief maintenance, according to Reuters.
The natural gas platform, operated by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, is expected to shut in next week for about four days of planned work, the platform’s majority owner, Enterprise Products Partners LP, said Wednesday.
"We don't know exactly what date, but we expect it will be next week. We're going to suspend deliveries and the pipeline should be down for about four days while we conduct some maintenance to evaluate repairs that were done to the flex joint last month," Enterprise spokesman, Rick Rainey, said.
The platform, which has a full production capacity of about 1 billion cubic feet per day, or about 12% of U.S. offshore natural gas production in the Gulf, was shut in early April for two months after a leak was discovered on the associated Independence Trail pipeline.
"Once (the evaluations) are completed, we expect that volumes will ramp up quickly to more than 800 million cubic feet per day," Rainey added.
Enterprise owns the Independence Trail pipeline and is 80% owner of the platform, with Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc. owning the remaining 20%.
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Mozambique Approves Anadarko's $20 Billion Natural Gas Plan (Feb 07)
Company: Enterprise Products Partners LP more info
- On Bleak Day, Pipeline Operators Say Tax Policy Is No Big Deal (Mar 16)
- Enterprise to Ship More Permian Crude to Texas Gulf Coast (Dec 06)
- Colonial Partners With Enterprise For Fuel Exports From Beaumont Terminal (Oct 10)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)