AWE Drills Netherby-1 in Otway Basin
AWE reports that the Netherby-1 well started drilling on July 15, 2008. As of today, the rig was setting surface conductor at a measured depth of 131 meters.
The Netherby-1 well is designed to test the Waarre "A" Sandstone and will be drilled to a planned total depth of 1,823 meters. Netherby-1 is located in VIC/P 44, approximately 4 kilometers north of the Henry-1 gas discovery.
Previously, the Pecten East-1 well was plugged and abandoned at a total measured depth of 1,993 meters. Gas shows encountered in the well were evaluated by logs and pressure testing and were proven to be residual.
Netherby-1 is the second well in the current drilling program, which will target additional gas reserves in the offshore Otway Basin. In case of success at the Netherby-1 exploration location, the VIC/P 44 joint venture has included provisions to drill an immediate follow-up sidetrack development well. The Henry-2 development
well will follow immediately after Netherby-1/Netherby development well/s.
Participants in VIC/P 44 are AWE with 25.0%, Santos Limited (Operator) with 50.0% and Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd with 25.0%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)