Australia Drilling Associates Firms Up Songa Venus Contract
Songa Offshore ASA is pleased to announce that the earlier announced letter of intent from Australian Drilling Associates (ADA) has now been concluded into a drilling contract utilizing the semi-submersible Songa Venus for development and exploration drilling in Australia.
ADA will be the main contract holder and manage the drilling operations on behalf of the independent oil companies operating under an ADA coordinated consortium on the North Western Shelf, Timor Sea and Bass Straight in Australia.
The contract is scheduled to commence in direct continuation of Songa Venus' current contract with ENI Australia and Inpex Browse in Q4 2008, and has a primary term of 376 days with a secondary term of another 376 days thereafter. The contract value for the primary term is approximately USD 150 million, the secondary term is at mutually agreed market rate.
One of the wells that the Songa Venus is going to drill is the MEO Australia Zeus-1 well in WA-361-P, scheduled for late October 2008.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)