COSCO Gets Nod from Sevan for Progress on Sevan 650
Sevan 650, the cylindrical drilling unit under construction in COSCO Nantong Shipyard, has reached 28.5 meters with only 8 meters remaining to reach the weather deck.
Visiting COSCO Nantong Shipyard on July 4, Arne Smedal, Board Chairman of SEVAN Marine, indicated his satisfaction with the production process and had further discussions about series products with the shipyard team.
The block fabrication of steel structure is now complete and 95% of the steel structure below 28.5m has been assembled. Progress below the 24.5m level is well advanced with, 85% of piping systems prefabrication and 60% of piping systems installation now completed. Further, 75% of outfitting has been installed and over 90% of detail design and production design is now finished.
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires 50% Stake in KANFA Aragon from Sevan Marine (Jun 29)
- Sevan Marine's Unit KANFA Bags $50M EPC Deal for FPSO Yinson Production (Feb 17)
- First Oil in Sight at Huntington (Mar 27)
Company: COSCO Shipyard more info
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)