Golar Partners with Bluewater to Bid in Offshore LNG Opportunity
Golar LNG has agreed to partner with Bluewater Energy Services B.V for the purposes of bidding for an offshore LNG FSRU opportunity with South Africa's national oil company, PetroSA. Golar and Bluewater will be equal partners in a joint venture formed specifically for this opportunity.
Additionally, and in conjunction with this bid, Golar and Bluewater have agreed to acquire the 1977 built Moss type 126,000 m3 LNG Carrier, Hoegh Gandria. The vessel is intended to be used as the converted offshore FSRU.
"The acquisition of the Gandria in partnership with Bluewater and joint bidding for the technically challenging opportunity in South Africa demonstrates Golar's firm commitment to continue growing its mid stream business, its ability to partner with leading industry participants in order to deliver the best available technical solutions and its commitment to enhance shareholder value by being a first mover in this expanding area of business," said Golar Management UK Ltd's CEO, Gary Smith.
- Bluewater to Supply 2 Turret Mooring Systems for Kaombo Project off Angola (Jun 06)
- Technip Wins Cheviot Field Contract (Mar 29)
- Bluewater Unveils New Composite Cryogenic Hose for Next Gen LNG Transfer (May 26)
Company: PetroSA more info
- Tullow Starts TEN Production Offshore Ghana (Aug 18)
- South Africa, Congo to Cooperate On Oil Exploration (Oct 23)
- PetroSA, Cairn India Partner to Explore for O&G In South Africa (Aug 16)
Company: Golar LNG more info
- Ophir Holdings, OneLNG to Establish JOC for Fortuna Project (Nov 10)
- Golar GenPower, ExxonMobil Sign LNG Supply Deal for Power Project in Brazil (Mar 07)
- Golar LNG and Schlumberger Ink MOU (Jan 25)