Noble Successful at Diega Offshore Equatorial Guinea
The operator Noble Energy has announced that new discoveries of multiple reservoirs containing
oil and/or gas-condensate have been made during an exploration drilling at the Diega prospect on Block
I in Equatorial Guinea.
The Sedco 700 semisub is drilling its Diega prospect and results to-date have confirmed the discovery of multiple hydrocarbon-bearing reservoirs. Initial formation logs have identified 38 feet of net gas- condensate pay in the primary zone which correlates to earlier discoveries in the region.
A deeper previously untested feature was also discovered and found to contain 30 feet of net gas-condensate pay underlain by 37 feet of net oil pay. Preliminary analysis suggests that liquid yields from the gas zones are expected to be greater than at the Belinda gas-condensate discovery on Block "O." Once drilling operations are concluded, a testing program will commence.
Diega, the second oil discovery by Noble Energy and its partners on Block "I," represents the sixth successful well drilled on the block with no dry holes. Noble Energy is the technical operator on the block with a 40%participating interest.
Other partners with interest in Block I are PA Resources with 6%, through its fully owned subsidiary Osbourne Resources, Atlas Petroleum International (29%) and Glencore (25%). GEPetrol (the national oil company of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea) will have a 5% carried interest once commerciality has been determined.
- Noble, Partners Test Positive at Diega Discovery (Aug 29)
- Atlas to Sidetrack REB3 Well Offshore Tunisia (Aug 19)
- Noble Successful at Diega Offshore Equatorial Guinea (Jul 15)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
Company: GEPetrol more info
- Gazprom Neft, GEPetrol Ink Cooperation Agreement (Jun 07)
- Noble Gets Go-Ahead for Aseng Oil Project in Equatorial Guinea (Jul 22)
- Equatorial Guinea's National Oil Co Inks PSC for Offshore Block EG-07 (Jul 22)
Company: PA Resources more info
- PA Resources Completes Divestment of North Sea Assets (Mar 24)
- PA Resources Welcomes New CEO (May 15)
- Noble Finds Oil at Carla South (May 02)
Company: Glencore International AG more info
- World's Biggest Oil Traders See Wildly Diverging Crude Price (Oct 19)
- Middle East Oil Producers Turn to Crude Trading to Boost Incomes (Sep 29)
- Glencore Strikes Multi-Year Purchase Deal With Angola LNG (Sep 20)