BPMigas Welcomes Indonesian President at Sisi, Nubi Fields
BPMigas has reported that Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono inaugurated the Sisi and Nubi gas and condensate fields on Friday, July 4, 2008. Both areas will produce 300-350 million cubic feet a day (MMSCFD) of gas in end 2008.
The volume will add Total E&P Indonesia's production to 2.6 billion cubic feet a day to 2011, Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro said in a speech at a contract signing and water and housing complex in Senipah, East Kalimantan, on Friday, July 4.
Total has spent US$ 1.1 billion to develop the fields. Total E&P and Inpex expect to invest US$6 billion over the next five years at the Mahakam block.
The Sisi-Nubi fields required 400 workers during exploration and drilling, 3,200 during construction and 150 for the daily operations.
- Indonesia Greenlights BP's $12.1B LNG Proj. at Tangguh (Nov 02)
- Gas Deliveries from Ruby Field Offshore Indonesia to Start Late September (Sep 07)
- Indonesian Regulator Approves 12 O&G Development Plans (Aug 13)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)