Atwood Falcon Snags One-Well Gig in South China Sea
Atwood Oceanics, Inc. has announced that the Atwood Falcon has received a one-well commitment from an operator in Southeast Asia for the drilling of a well in the South China Sea.
The drilling of this one well will commence in mid July 2008 at a dayrate of $425,000, with an approximate duration of 40 days; after which the rig will return to its current contracted dayrate of $160,000. The rig is currently under contract with Sarawak Shell Berhad/Sabah Shell Petroleum Co. Ltd in the South China Sea.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Atwood Oceanics more info
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)