Nexus Names New CFO
Nexus Energy Limited has appointed Peter Thomas to the position of Chief Financial Officer.
Thomas has over 20 years experience in finance with the international oil industry. He joins Nexus from Stratic Energy Corporation, a Canadian oil and gas business listed in Toronto and on the London AIM, where he held the position of CFO. Prior to this role, he served as CFO of Hardman Resources Limited, the Australian listed international oil company, from 2005 until its acquisition in early 2007.
A Charted Accountant, Thomas commenced his career with KPMG and has also spent over ten years with Enterprise Oil plc, a UK based oil company, where he held the positions of Group Financial Controller, Group Treasurer and Head of Planning.
Importantly, Thomas has extensive experience of international equity and debt markets, including major oil and gas financings, as well as in corporate finance transactions. He will commence with Nexus in late August.
"The appointment of Thomas, along with Dave Nolan as Chief Operating Officer and Moss Daemi as General Manager Commercial & Partner Relations earlier this year, completes our planned strengthening of the Nexus Senior Leadership Team. We are delighted that Nexus continues to attract professionals of this caliber and experience," said Ian Tchacos, Managing Director.
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)
Company: Stratic Energy more info
- EnQuest Commences Drilling at West Don Field (Aug 09)
- EnQuest Increases Reserves in North Sea with Stratic Acquisition (Aug 03)
- Stratic Highlights 1Q10 Financial, Operational Results (May 28)