Otto Licks Lips Over 131MM Barrel Potential for Argentina's Santa Rosa
Otto Energy announced that an “Evaluation of Prospective Resources” report on the Santa Rosa Exploration Permit located in the Cuyana Basin in the Province of Mendoza, Argentina, has been released by Oromin Explorations Ltd.
Oromin commissioned the evaluation report which was conducted by Aeon Exploration Inc. of Canada, an independent petroleum valuation consultant. The independent report concluded that:
• The unrisked probabilistic oil resource potential for the Santa Rosa dome ranges from 45,167,000 barrels of oil to 380,800,000 barrels of oil; and
• Sets out 131,564,000 barrels of oil as the most likely amount of unrisked recoverable resources on the prospect.
In November 2005, Otto and Oromin (Operator) agreed to a farm-in arrangement, whereby Otto will initially earn a 32.48% working interest in the Santa Rosa Exploration Permit through funding the first US$1.4 million of a 2-well drilling program.
Otto is also entitled to acquire an additional interest of 8.76% in the Permit from Oromin, to increase its interest to 41.24% by incurring further expenditure of US$897,381.
Otto’s participation is subject to the completion of due diligence to Otto’s satisfaction and the finalization of a joint venture agreement, which is close to completion.
The Operator expects drilling to commence in Q1, 2009.
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)
Company: Oromin Explorations Ltd more info
- Oromin Updates Santa Rosa Project (Jun 16)
- Oromin Sees No Sign of Hydrocarbons at Santa Rosa Prospect (Jul 28)
- Oromin Spuds First Well on Santa Rose Dome Prospect in Argentina (Jul 16)