Gorilla V to Resume Drilling Offshore E. Canada
Rowan Companies reports that its Super Gorilla class jack-up, Gorilla V, will resume drilling for EnCana Corporation under a contract which was suspended in 2002.
The rig will be utilized offshore eastern Canada for EnCana's shallow water exploration campaign beginning in early May. The initial commitment is for one well, with options for additional wells.
Bob Palmer, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "The resumption of this contract reaffirms our confidence in the long-term viability of the eastern Canada market for harsh environment jack-ups. We look forward to continuing our activities with EnCana."
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)