Harriet JV All Wet at Marley-2
Tap Oil Limited provided the following information for the Marley-2 exploration well.
The Marley-2 exploration well is located in permit TL/5, part of the Harriet Joint Venture. It is approximately 3.5 kilometers west-southwest of the existing Campbell Platform and 143 meters north of Marley-1. Water depth is 43 meters.
Marley-2 was spudded by the Ensco 106 jackup on April 22. Drilling has progressed to a depth of 4,071 mMD and additional logging runs have been conducted at this depth. Preliminary interpretation of this new data suggests the main objective penetrated by the well consists of a thick, water-wet sand package with low saturation gas throughout. The extensive gas shows noted during drilling are interpreted as residual and there do not appear to be any potentially gas-productive reservoir intervals.
It is anticipated that drilling will terminate at this depth and the well will be plugged and abandoned following completion of the wireline logging program. We expect the rig to be off-location by early next week.
Marley-2 has drilled the objective, but not resulted in a gas discovery. While reservoir quality was generally poor to moderate and gas saturations were low, the overall gross 300 meter thick reservoir section was above expectations for this stratigraphic interval in this region. As the post well analysis is conducted over the coming months this may enhance prospectivity elsewhere in the Harriet Joint Venture.
The partners in the joint venture are Tap (Harriet) with 12.2229%, Apache Northwest with 68.5% and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)